Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Bakugan Video Game Revealed.

The trailer for the next Bakugan game. This is probably old news to some of you, but nobody ever reads this, and I need to rant somewhere.

Thoughts:

- UNCANNY VALLEY'd! The humans look TERRIBLE. I have to give them credit for trying, but the Uncanny Valley is KILLING Dan in the trailer. For those unaware of WTF I am talking about, the Uncanny Valley is a point where realistic rendering almost becomes too realistic, and all the differences start to stick out like sore thumbs.

- In contrast, the monsters look beyond awesome. I could reach out and touch that Hydranoid if I wanted to. Do I? I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to seeing Skyress rendered that beautifully.

- Less mini-games, please. I'm glad I didn't get the first game; after watching my brother play the Wii version, I realized that the mini-games were just as annoying as I had been told. Simplicity can be bliss. K.I.S.S.

Looking forward to this! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment