Thursday, March 11, 2010

Holy **ck, Bandai!

Bandai may not be as incompetent as I thought. They have just released a Digimon MMO:

"Digimon RPG is a free to play micro-transaction supported MMORPG in a setting based on that of the Digimon media franchise, specifically the Digimon Tamers anime. It is currently only available to play in South Korea, but fan-created English and Spanish translation patches exist. In addition Bandai and Digitalic are working on an official English version of the game that is planned for Global launch in March 2010 by WeMade Entertainment."

The game is based off of the Digimon Tamers series, and shows up in a lot of the same places that regular MMO ads do. Currently, the site is offering free beta testing. This looks great; I'd nab it if I didn't need to rid my comp of all PREVIOUS MMO stuff. Still, I do encourage you all to try it if you have the hard drive space. :D

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I was just searching through random blogs and found yours. The title caught my attention. It's a reference to "Yu-Gi-oh Abridged" right? I love watching that. I wish they would come out with more.

    A Digimon MMORPG is awesome! And personally I think season 3 would be the best one to do it with the card scanning on top of the regular digivolution.

    I'm not the biggest anime fan. Actually, my roomate is a bigger one. But my top 3 favorite are pokemon, digimon, and yu-gi-oh, another reason your blog caught my attention. My dorm section whipped out our old-school pokemon cards and started battling again. I got so into it I'm tempted to get my own yu-gi-oh deck. Right now I'm just playing the game (I lost The Game) on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS. But anyway, I think that's cool (and kinda hot) to find a girl into pokemon, digimon and yu-gi-oh. Keep it real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, The Abridged Series rocks! :D

    I actually DID try the MMO. Yes, it's based off of Tamers, but there are quite a few things it could improve upon.

    How'd you find it, BTW? Google?

    ReplyDelete